Making Mornings Easier { part 1 }

Sunday, August 14, 2016

I am not a morning person.

There I said it.

My husband will agree 100%. It is the entire reason that he is the coffee fairy.

Yes loves, you are understanding me correctly. He makes the coffee and brings it to me in bed to wake me up.

Cause without it, I am kinda (really) grouchy. I am fully aware of just how spoiled I am by this.

As you can imagine, this also means that getting the small people out the door for school is a battle for me. The two hardest parts for me are packing lunches and breakfast. There never seems to be enough time, especially when trying to make healthier choices. I've come up with a few solutions that I have found help us, and I hope will help you too.



Once, again, I have gotten help from my favorite grocery store, Hy-Vee to make these super simple burritos. I just so happened to have all the ingredients on hand this week, and a blank space on my calendar, so I knew it was a great time to prep for our first week back to school.

These could not be easier. They are exactly what you would expect them to be. The best part, is you can add whatever you want to them. Throw some spinach or bell peppers in with the eggs, or add a spoonful of salsa before you roll them up. My people are simple so we keep these plain but feel free to dress them up how you like!

My main point is, prepping for mornings can be simple. If this wasn't easy for me to do, y'all I wouldn't even bother. I am all about the shortest number of steps to complete something.
If it's too complex my brain goes to mush. I don't like mush.

So here we go. Want to know the super crazy simple ingredients?


Told ya! Too easy, which is why I failed to take pictures of the process. Sorry!
Basically, scramble the eggs, cook/crumble the sausage, layer in the tortillas, and roll up in a piece of wax paper. It took me longer to cook the sausage than it did to actually put them all together. Then I just put them in a large freezer zip top bag and pop them in the freezer.

*You may need more or less sausage or eggs than I used, depending on the size of your tortillas and how full you like them.



To reheat: Defrost individually in the microwave on 30% power for about 1 minute. Then heat in 30 second increments on 50% power until heated through. For me this takes about 2-3 minutes total.

I like to pair these with a yogurt tube, some fresh fruit or a smoothie. I will also add, that I usually make a couple of these with only egg & cheese for B.

Want to hear the best part!? These cost me a whopping $.68 cents each to make! Just another reason I love my local Hy-Vee. I hope this helps make your back-to-school mornings a little easier this year.

Now where did I put that cup of coffee......


PS: check out {part 2} here




2 comments:

  1. I too have a coffee fairy and don't do mornings.
    Really don't.
    Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan