Do You Want S'more?

Monday, July 5, 2021


 S'mores are a Summer Staple around here. Ever since our kids were old enough to hold a skewer they have been roasting marshmallows with friends and family around our firepits. I cannot imagine a summer or fall without them. We purposely built our firepit on the edge of our patio so that you could either sit or stand around to easily roast marshmallows. I love that there really isn't a wrong time of year to eat them. 

S'mores always feel like the perfect compliment to celebrating Independence day. Maybe it's because I've watched The Sandlot one too many times, or maybe its because some of the greatest friendships of my life were formed around a firepit. 



When my oldest was about 8 he even came up with a plan to create his own S'mores food truck! We helped him draft different recipes and started using them at our own parties. This weekend I put together a tray of goodies to help make some of our favorite combinations. I got everything I need at our local Hy-Vee grocery store! I especially love that their marshmallows are dye-free (yes, most marshmallows have blue food dye in them! who knew!?)


Of course everyone loves the OG S'more with Honey Maid graham crackers and Hershey's chocolate, but have you ever had a "Monkey Mallow" S'more?! Those are my absolute favorite. I use cinnamon graham crackers, banana slices, dark chocolate and a well toasted marshmallow. It is the right amount of sweetness without feeling like you're eating pure sugar. 

Of course, I ended up not using any bananas this weekend because my people ate them all before I could use them for S'mores! Go figure. I had to settle for one with just dark chocolate instead. My husband loves using Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for his. Now the real debate is toasted marshmallow vs burnt mallow. I will always go for a golden mallow over a burnt one! 



If you want your own printable version you can download it here: S'mores Printable

Our tray version of a S'mores bar worked so well Saturday night that I even took some along to use at my sisters house on Sunday.


We had so much fun helping the kids make their own S'mores, even my Dad got involved! It was a great night of fireworks, family, and friends. 






I hope you all had a safe and happy 4th of July! 












No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan